It’s great that you are interested in joining. Here are a few things to know about becoming a member, and what to expect:
- Benefits of membership include the use of excellent training facilities at Whitehall Athletics Arena and South Gloucestershire and Stroud College facilities at WISE Campus (Stoke Gifford) at a reduced rate to non-members; outstanding coaching from UKA registered coaches for all events; opportunities to compete at all levels, inside and outside the region; and a friendly, social and safe environment.
- Subscriptions are renewable annually and are exceptional value for money, especially compared with other sports.
- Membership of the best all-round athletics club in the region with a great history of achievement and ambitious plans for future growth and greater success.
- Registration with England Athletics as a competing athlete (cost to the club of £14 paid from your club subscription fee).
Bristol & West Athletic Club is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes anyone wishing to achieve their athletic potential. Our intention is to cater for all athletes from novice to international standard including athletes with disability and to provide the appropriate coaching and social support. The Management Committee can provide a detailed Policy Statement.
Applications for new members are now online. For competing members the fee includes a new vest (cost price £15) and England Athletics Registration (£14 since April 2017).
To join the club online select the applicable category on the registration page linked below and fill in the form, payment will be requested on completion of the form. For anyone not wishing to pay online we can arrange to accept payment by cheque or bank transfer, please email to arrange this.
Any problems or for those wishing to set up a family membership please email Alice Doggrell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find a step-by-step guide to registering online here.
Please note that membership runs on a calendar year basis (1st January to 31st December) and fees are due on 1st January each year. A 50% reduction in the membership fee is charged for applications made after 1st October for the remainder of that year. Applications made after 1st December will be charged at the next year’s rate and will provide coverage from 1st December of the current year to 31st December of the following year (i.e 1st December 2017 to 31st December 2018). A family discount of £5 is applied to the second, third, fourth, etc. member of a family who joins. Please email the membership secretary to ensure this is set up correctly (does not apply to Junior Academy memberships).
Competing memberships. Bristol & West AC vest (in first year only) and England Athletics registration fee included.
- Senior competing membership (for those 23 and over at 1st January 2018) is £50 for the 2018 calendar year (£45 for renewing members).
- Junior competing membership (for those under-23 as at 1st January 2018) is £35 for the 2018 calendar year (£35 for renewing members).
Non-competing membership (for those 11 and over at 1st January 2018) is £15 for the 2018 calendar year (£15 for renewing members).
Junior Academy. Bristol & West AC Junior Academy Tee-shirt included – £15 for the 2018 calendar year for 8 to 10 year olds (including those turning 11 after 31st August).
If you are not sure which membership category is for you, check out this handy flowchart (note that under 11’s do not need an England Athletics registration for competitions):
A summary of what is included with each membership category, and the cost, can be found below:
Once you have joined, you can collect your vest from Henrietta Anstey, who can be contacted via email@example.com