It’s great that you are interested in joining. Here are a few things to know about becoming a member, and what to expect:
- Benefits of membership include the use of excellent training facilities at Whitehall Athletics Arena and South Gloucestershire and Stroud College facilities at WISE Campus (Stoke Gifford) at a reduced rate to non-members; outstanding coaching from UKA registered coaches for all events; opportunities to compete at all levels, inside and outside the region; and a friendly, social and safe environment.
- Subscriptions are renewable annually and are exceptional value for money, especially compared with other sports.
- Membership of the best all-round athletics club in the region with a great history of achievement and ambitious plans for future growth and greater success.
- Registration with England Athletics as a competing athlete (cost to the club of £15 paid from your club subscription fee).
Bristol & West Athletic Club is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes anyone wishing to achieve their athletic potential. Our intention is to cater for all athletes from novice to international standard including athletes with disability and to provide the appropriate coaching and social support. The Management Committee can provide a detailed Policy Statement.
Applications for new members are now processed online. For competing members the fee includes England Athletics Registration (£15 since April 2018) and in their first year of membership a new vest (cost price £15).
To join the club online select the applicable category on the registration page linked below and fill in the form, payment will be requested on completion of the form. For anyone not wishing to pay online we can arrange to accept payment by cheque or bank transfer, please email to arrange this.
Any problems or for those wishing to set up a family membership please email Alice Doggrell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find a step-by-step guide to registering online here.
Please note that membership runs on a calendar year basis (1st January to 31st December) and fees are due on 1st January each year. A 50% reduction in the membership fee is charged for applications made after 1st October for the remainder of that year. Applications made after 1st December will be charged at the next year’s rate and will provide coverage from 1st December of the current year to 31st December of the following year (i.e 1st December 2018 to 31st December 2019). A family discount of £5 is applied to the second, third, fourth, etc. member of a family who joins. Please email the membership secretary to ensure this is set up correctly prior to joining (does not apply to Junior Academy memberships).
Competing memberships. Bristol & West AC vest (in first year only) and England Athletics registration fee included.
- Senior competing membership (for those 23 and over at 1st January 2019) is £55 for members for the 2019 calendar year (please note that the renewal discount for existing members ended 31st March).
- Junior competing membership (for those under-23 as at 1st January 2019) is £40 for members for the 2019 calendar year.
Non-competing membership (for those 11 and over at 1st January 2019) is £20 for the 2019 calendar year.
Junior Academy. Bristol & West AC Junior Academy Tee-shirt included – £20 for the 2019 calendar year for 8 to 10 year olds (including those turning 11 after 31st August).
If you are not sure which membership category is for you, check out the notes below and this handy flowchart (note that under 11’s do not need an England Athletics registration for competitions):
Notes on Competing vs non-competing membership
- Structured training sessions organised by British Athletics qualified coaches
- Reduced track fees
- Club discount at most local running shops
- Option to purchase branded kit from the club’s online store.
- Eligibility to join the club’s Management Committee and to vote at the AGM.
- Eligibility to compete under the club’s name, in club colours and score for a club team at events open to the general public, usually this will be subject to unaffiliated levy. This could for example include on/off road races, open track meetings, etc.
- EA affiliation paid by the club
- Eligibility to compete in competitions and take up opportunities that cannot be accessed by individuals:
- This includes league and associational affiliations and team entries.
- The club is currently affiliated to: England Athletics, Midland Athletics, South West Athletics, Avon Athletic Association, English Cross Country, Gwent League, UKWAL, BAL, MAL, YDL. Through those affiliations the club is able to access a great many competition opportunities.
- In addition to events organised by the above listed bodies the club also enters teams into team competitions, such as the British Masters Athletic Federation road and cross-country relays, Cotswold Way Relay Weston Prom Run., Bristol 10k and Half-Marathon as well as being able to make discounted block bookings for these events.
- Eligibility to apply for a Hargreaves Award.
A summary of what is included with each membership category, and the cost, can be found below:
Once you have joined, you can collect your vest from Fliss Russell, who can be contacted via email@example.com