Our Mission, Values & Objectives
Bristol & West Athletic Club exists to give everyone who wants to enjoy our sport and be the best that they can and want to be the means to do so. We warmly welcome people with enthusiasm and the ability to share with others a common desire for a healthy life style and friendly competition. More formally these are described below.
The Club Development Plan is available here.
We will work in partnership with the wider athletics community in Bristol, Avon and South West England to create a vibrant, safe and progressive sport – including athletes of all abilities and from all backgrounds – to achieve excellence in everything we do.
- Commitment to the highest standards
- Member satisfaction
- Equality and diversity
- One club – all parts working together
- Community responsibility & engagement
- Pride in our heritage
We will achieve our mission by the pursuit of four fundamental athlete-focused goals:
- Providing a clear and progressive competition pathway which gives opportunities for athletes at all levels and in all disciplines and age groups to achieve their potential, supported by committed and skilful team management and technical officials.
- Creating an effective coaching structure of qualified, experienced and motivated coaches across all events, working in partnership with other coaches, team managers and parents to provide athletes with long term development opportunities, from junior entry to international level.
- Working in partnership with facility providers throughout Bristol and Avon to ensure that the best use is made of training and competition venues through mutually beneficial user agreements and delivery standards.
- Developing a cohesive club spirit, led by a highly competent and committed management team, which brings together a diverse membership of athletes and volunteers in an enjoyable and sustainable environment for the achievement of common goals.
You can view and download the current constitution here.