Bristol and West Athletic Club exists to give everyone who wants to enjoy running and athletics the opportunity to be the best they can and want to be. We warmly welcome people with enthusiasm and aim to promote healthy lifestyles and friendly competition.
We will work in partnership with the wider athletics community in Bristol, Avon and South West England to create a vibrant, safe and progressive sport – including athletes of all abilities and from all backgrounds – and aim to achieve excellence in everything we do.
- Commitment to the highest standards
- Member satisfaction
- Equality and diversity
- One club – all parts working together
- Community responsibility and engagement
- Pride in our heritage
We have four key goals to help us achieve our mission.
- Providing a clear and progressive competition pathway which gives opportunities for athletes at all levels and in all disciplines and age groups to achieve their potential, supported by committed and skilful team management and technical officials.
- Creating an effective coaching structure of qualified, experienced and motivated coaches across all events, working in partnership with other coaches, team managers and parents to provide athletes with long term development opportunities, from junior entry to international level.
- Working in partnership with facility providers throughout Bristol and Avon to ensure that the best use is made of training and competition venues through mutually beneficial user agreements and delivery standards.
- Developing a cohesive club spirit, led by a highly competent and committed management team, which brings together a diverse membership of athletes and volunteers in an enjoyable and sustainable environment for the achievement of common goals.
Our club development plan is designed to help us achieve our objectives.