A Leading Athletics Course will be held in Cheltenham on Saturday 30th June 2018. Below are the details of the workshop, plus links to additional information:
|30 June 2018||10 – 1pm||Leading Athletics||MC1088||South West||Prince of Wales Stadium, Tommy Taylors Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4RN|
This workshop is useful for:
- Parents of young athletes/ adult volunteers who may be helping with young athletes sessions
- Young athletes/helpers wanting to get into coaching (attendees can be 14 or over to book on)
- Occasional helpers who may not currently want to progress to the coaching qualifications, but want some guidance
- Those new to athletics/coaching who may want an introduction into Leading Athletics activities for young athletes.
Leading Athletics is an exciting leadership workshop for those looking to lead athletics activities for young athletes. Packed full of useful tips and ideas, this three hour workshop is supported by a Workbook, Support Resource and a series of Game Cards which aid delivery. All attendees will gain access to an interactive App which is downloadable on Apple i-Phones and i-Pads and Android enabled smart phones (the resource is also available in book format if required)
Please note: The minimum age for this workshop is 14 years old.
Supported by a series of interactive resources, Leading Athletics is perfect for anyone wishing to lead an athletics session. A must for those new to the sport, the resources include information on the roles and responsibilities of a leader, how to lead a fun and inclusive athletics session, and further information on how to develop your leadership skills. Crammed with ‘Top Tips’ for effective delivery, the Support Resource also explores the key principles of running, jumping and throwing events whilst providing technical information which support these principles.
The Game Cards
The progressive Game Cards included in the full support resource demonstrate how to set up fun and engaging activates all designed to help introduce young athletes to the fundamentals of running, jumping and throwing.
The Leading Athletics App complements the Leading Athletics Workshop and allows users to interactively deliver activities and seamlessly link to other support resources.
Anyone assisting a coach within a club organised session will be covered by the club’s public liability insurance. The club must be currently affiliated to their national association and the coach must hold a current licence (UKA Level 2 / Athletics Coach or above and an up to date DBS/CRB check).
For more information on this course please see:
- The details about Leading Athletics on the bottom of this website page: https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-in-schools/teachingathletics/teacher-education
- Our course bookings page for the course details:Courses and Bookings page
Bristol & West Athletic Club will pay for members who wish to attend this course provided they undertake to help deliver club sessions. If you are interested please contact the Club Development Adviser, Keith Brackstone, at firstname.lastname@example.org.