An Officials course is taking place in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire on Saturday 14th April 2018 if you would like to attend please send in an application form as soon as possible to book on.
To download an application form please go to the course page at www.englandathletics.org/courses . There is currently no online booking for officials courses yet.
Attendees need to do the H&S/Generic module and at least one of the Level one modules to qualify. These are the approximate times for the course modules:
|Saturday 14 April 2018||Health & Safety and Generic Module||10am-12pm||MO0326HS||South West||Prince of Wales Stadium, Tommy Taylors Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4RN|
|Level 1 Field Official||12.30-4.30pm||MO0326FD|
|Level 1 Track Official||12.30-3.30pm||MO0326TR|
The costs for the courses are:
£30 – Full Level 1 Course – includes Health & Safety/Generic and one discipline module
£10 – Health & Safety Module only – (for current Level 1+ officials)
£20 – Discipline only (for those who have already attended H&S/Generic)
These will be paid by the club for volunteers who attend and officiate for the club once qualified.
Who should go on this course?
This course is suitable for all new officials from the ages of 14+ to attend (officials can only gain a licence card and DBS from 16+). Candidates work under the supervision of a qualified official in a specific discipline (Track, Field, Timekeeping, etc) before becoming a qualified technical official.
What will I learn?
After completing the course candidates will have a knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Appropriate attire/equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of the role
- Ability to follow duty sheet.
- List events/roles covered
- Health and Safety
- Relationships with other officials and athletes
- Knowledge and application of rules
- Ability to make quick and correct decisions
- Presentation and accuracy of result card
- How to become a club, county or regional official and gain your officials licence
What will I be able to do?
After completing the course candidates will need to gain experience by attending four athletics meetings, operating under the supervision of a qualified UKA Technical Official. These experiences should be recorded and submitted to England Athletics to show evidence of undertaking a variety of roles. A DBS check will also be required following which a Level 1 Officials Licence will be issued. By undertaking further experiences and completing a log book, officials can progress to qualify at further levels.
- To see more information on each module please go to the England Athletics website where all modules are now being advertised: englandathletics.org/courses
- To see information on the individual disciplines please go to the England Athletics officials page where you can download booklets for each discipline: http://www.englandathletics.org/england-athletics-officials/resources-and-information-for-officials