A three hour workshop on mental health awareness has been organised by Wesport. The workshop has been developed by MIND, with support from sports coach UK, and is designed for coaches, sport administrators, volunteers and front of house staff.
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and how stigma and discrimination impacts on people with mental health problems.
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people with mental health problems getting active.
- Talk confidently about mental health and know where to signpost people who need support.
- Identify practical actions for making your service more inclusive and accessible for everyone
- No prior knowledge necessary
- 28th November 2017 6pm-9pm
- North Somerset Council offices, Clevedon, BS21 6BD
- Cost: £30 per person
*If you are a resident of or work for an organisation based in North Somerset the course fee will be covered. Therefore to book a place please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
or book on-line at:
For further information please contact Lisa Wood at Wesport at lisa.wood
Any club volunteer who attend will have their course fee met by the club.