The UK Members Council plays a vital role in examining the activities of UK Athletics and its Board members, acting on behalf of affiliated clubs and organisations.
Members of the Council are elected or nominated – dependent on the sector of the sport they represent.
The UK Members Council is responsible for a number of powers as set out in the Articles of Association of UK Athletics which are available at:
At present the Council has a vacancy for an Affiliated Club Representative and this position is not due for election until 2019, with the successful candidate taking up their position at the AGM in December 2019.
Following consideration of this situation the members of the UK Members Council have decided to seek nominations for a new role to fill this vacant position with an individual to be nominated by the Clubs Affiliated to England Athletics.
Nominations are, therefore, invited for one Representative of Affiliated Clubs to be nominated by the Clubs Affiliated to England Athletics.
A shortlist of nominees will be put forward for interview by the President of UK Athletics and two other members of UK Members Council.
The nomination form, details of the role and of the appointment process are enclosed and are also available at:
- Nominations must be in writing;
- Each club shall be entitled to nominate or second one individual only;
- Only nominations made by clubs affiliated to England Athletics as at 31 March 2017 will be accepted
- Nominees must submit a personal resume with their nomination form
- The nomination form must be signed by
(i) The Club Representative nominated;
(ii) The Chairman and Secretary of the eligible affiliated club making the nomination;
(iii) The Chairman and Secretary of one other eligible affiliated club supporting the nomination
- Nomination forms, duly completed and signed, should be forwarded, by email to UKMCnominations@britishathletics.org.uk, or by post to:
UK Athletics Limited
- The closing date for receipt of nominations is Monday 8 May, at 12 noon
Please address any queries to either email@example.com or call Sarah Coffey on 0121 713 8460.
I would strongly encourage every club to play an active part in this nomination process, to enable the voice of clubs to be well represented on the UK Members Council, in order to support the continued development of all clubs within the UK.