|THE ARTHUR DAGGER MEMORIAL FUND
The Arthur Dagger Memorial Fund was set up in memory of Arthur Dagger who died in 2008. He was one of the longest standing members of Great Western Runners, a stalwart who had been on the club’s committee for many years and who worked tirelessly for more than a quarter of a century on behalf of the running community in the Bristol area. He especially had a track record of supporting young people in their running.
The Fund’s Mission is to support young people in Avon to develop their talents and improve their competitive running and they want to:
• Build on young people’s participation and enjoyment of running.
• Ensure young people receive the best teaching, coaching and resources possible and have the chance to progress if they show talent.
• Help young people to live healthy and active lives and to be the best they can be in their chosen event.
• Support young people whose financial disadvantages may restrict their potential to fulfill their talents.
Small grants are available for up to a maximum of £250
Applications will be considered based on the criteria listed below:
• Aged between 13 & 23
• Must live in Avon area
• Should be from the young person themselves
• Still in full-time, or further / higher, education or training
• Be supported by teacher, running club or coach
• If under 17, parent’s support for the application needed
Please complete the application form, online or return, by 14th March 2017, to:
Great Western Runners / Memorial Fund Application
49 Dongola Road,
Bristol, BS7 9HW
For an application form please see below:
- Indoor Track & Field Round Up – Saturday and Sunday 18th/19th February 2017
- Gwent League Young Athletes Round Up As at 21st February 2017