If you are over 35, and live in the South West, South West Veterans AC is one way into Master’s competition. You remain a member of your local club, but for an annual subscription of only £10 a year (£13 from 2017) you can take part in:
- an annual track and field competition at Exeter Stadium in June
- club championship road races from 5 miles up to marathon
- an annual competition for the best male and female road runners on age adjusted scores
- a ballot for a place in the London Marathon
- all British Masters Athletics Federation events
- Inter Area track & field and cross country challenges (team events)
- European Masters and World Masters Athletics events, as a member of the British Masters team
All members receive free the thrice-yearly club magazine, Veteranews, as well as an online copy of Masters Athletics, the magazine of the British Masters Athletics Federation.
The major highlight is the Exeter Stadium meeting. It is a great opportunity to meet fellow athletes from the region in a friendly atmosphere. It is suitable for everyone, of whatever standard, from regular competitors to those who haven’t done track and field since school.
For further information, please visit the South-West Veterans website at www.southwestvets.co.uk, and also take a look at the British Masters Athletics Federation website on bmaf.info
Feel free also to contact either the Chairman, Nigel Haywood, at email@example.com, or the Membership Secretary, Des White, at firstname.lastname@example.org