We are now into March and there are many of you who have yet to pay your club membership subscriptions for 2014. Your club subs give you the following benefits:
- Access to free coaching.
- Access to subsidised transport.
- Insurance cover for personal injury through the club and British Athletics.
- Registration as a competing athlete with England Athletics (EA).
- Entry fees paid by the club for all regional and national cross-country and road races.
- League entry fees paid for regional and national track and field competitions.
- Discounts in road races as an EA affiliated runner (plus 35% off the Bristol 10k and Bristol Half-Marathon when you enter through the club).
- Discounts at local running stores.
- A heavily subsidised vest on first joining.
- Access to great track and field training facilities for only £2 per session.
So if you haven’t paid yet please download a form and send it, with the appropriate fee, to Mike Strange. If it would help to pay by on-line bank transfer then please contact Keith Brackstone at firstname.lastname@example.org for details about how to do this. The club now has 567 athletes registered as competing with England Athletics – this means we will need to pay England Athletics £5,670 at the beginning of April 2014 to re-register them all – so please pay your subs promptly or let us know if you are no longer competing (in which case you could pay £10 to the club if you wish to remain as a social member – that way we can register you as non-competing with England Athletics (at no cost for registration) until such time as you are ready to compete again.