England Athletics have a new Leadership in Running Fitness course running on Sunday 1st December 2013 at Yate Outdoor Sports Complex, Broad Lane, Yate, Gloucestershire, BS37 7LB which is open for bookings.
- England Athletics link to course details & booking form: CLICK HERE
- UKA link to the course content, plus the pre & post course learning: CLICK HERE
- Run England
If you’re interested running for fitness, over 18 and you’d like to lead a group, this is the course for you.
The Leadership in Running Fitness course is primarily for those working with adults’ and/or young people over the age of 12 who enjoy recreational running for fitness and health. This may be within a Running Club or a community based group. Leaders will be licensed & insured by UKA to take a group of recreational runners of varied ability for fun safe sessions.
Topics Covered on the course:
- The role and responsibilities of a Leader.
- Leadership skills: Safety, Organisation, Instruction and Explanation, Demonstration.
- The barriers that stop people from taking up running, and how a leader can make a difference for them.
- How to plan sessions and deliver a safe and fun warm up and a cool down.
- Demonstration and supervision of effective stretching.
- The different types of activity that can make running varied and enjoyable.
- Helping runners to set and achieve SMARTER goals.
- What is meant by an Athlete Centered Approach.
- Factors influencing performance.
If you are interested in attending please contact Keith Brackstone.