Will you join Paula Radcliffe, Mara Yamauchi, Noel Thatcher and Chrissie Wellington to ‘Run for Japan’?
Run for Japan is bringing together the global running community and showing solidarity and support through dedicating runs around the World to the people of Japan. For more details of Run for Japan and to make your donation please visit www.runforjapan.com .
A massive earthquake, the seventh largest recorded in history, struck the east coast of Japan on Friday 11th of March 2011. The earthquake, measuring 9.0 on the Richter scale, triggered a tsunami which hit the east coast of Japan with 7-metre-high waves, leaving a trail of destruction. With a death toll in the thousands, an economic cost in the billions, and the threat of nuclear meltdown imminent, the people of Japan face their greatest disaster for decades.
Inspired by Japan’s great runners Run For Japan is about bringing together the global running community and showing solidarity and support through dedicating runs around the World to the people of Japan.
To cover 24,901 miles (right around the world) in 28 days with at least one run dedicated from every country in the World. To achieve this runners around the globe are being asked to dedicate just one run to the people of Japan and donate at least one unit of their home currency per mile run.
So, how can YOU Run for Japan?
- Choose which of your runs you will dedicate to the people of Japan
- Take a photo of yourself on that run (optional)
- Upload that photo (with a caption) here: http://runforjapan.com/runforjapan.php
- Donate the relevant amount via http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/runforjapan
- Download your ‘I ran for Japan’ artwork from www.runforjapan.com/artwork.php
- Spread the word